What to know about wooden wicks:
- Wooden wicks are made from a soft types of wood. The type of wax (we use 100 % soy wax) will determine the amount of crackle. Soy wax is very suited for wooden wicks which results in a nice crackling ambiance when lit.
- The flame has to be in contact with the top of the candle. This is a very common issue, if the wick is too long that the flame will not stay lit. Just trim your wick to about ¼ " using a wick trimmer (available on our website https://mountainfoxfinds.myshopify.com/cart/45208773984539:1?channel=buy_button )
- Wooden wicks tent to produce less soot and don't "mushroom" like a traditional cotton wick. This means that they have a cleaner burn.
- Longer burn times are seen with wooden wicks because they burn at a slower rate compared to cotton wicks. This means that you'll have more time to enjoy your candle!
- Wooden wicks are toxin free and do not contain lead or other toxins. Our wooden wicks are 100% wood so you can enjoy burning our candles without concerns of toxins.
- We recommend trimming the burned part of your wick before lighting our candles each time. This will ensure an even burn with a correct size flame.
We love wooden wicks and we hope you will too!